Google Search

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My reply To Anonymous, I'm really really sorry for the rant.

Someone that knows nothing about somebody has so much to say. In the US, there's a famous saying, "Everyone's a critic." If you don't like it, you don't have to come, probably barely passed your tests. You don't know anything about me but you have so much life advice for me. I don't even give advice to my best friends, because they're grown, they know what they're doing, yet you can give advice to a total stranger, I don't know, but I did you the courtesy of highlighting your quotes and replying.

For the people, that do appreciate and like my blog, I'm sorry for the rant, but I hate critics #1 (most of them accomplished nothing in their life) and I hate internet critics who don't have the courage to identify themselves (BTW I know who it is, but since I'm a respectful person, I won't out you, I don't believe in throwing people under the bus)

Highlights of anonymous' quotes:

1. "If you have too much energy, go learn to play a guitar, go run, play a sport"

I do play the guitar, bodybuilding is one of my biggest passions, I weight lift religiously, I know a couple of pro bodybuilders I can call anytime, email anytime, I'm very well known in the Korean bodybuilding scene, I've been on TV, here's the clip HERE I run my own trading business and I've stated many times I started this for my own selfish reasons so I have access to my own notes when I'm out on client meetings and when I can't carry around my backpack with my books, so I can study anytime anywhere.

2. "Trust me, put your effort in your studies. Otherwise, start working and earn some money rather than wasting time like this."

See comment #1. You probably barely passed all your test and you're hating because you lack the discipline and the motivation and you're taking your frustration out on me. Say it to my face, identify yourself. Otherwise I don't care what anybody has to say if they can't put a name & face to what they post on the net. I call people like you "INTERNET TOUGH GUYS, OOPS, INTERNET TOUGH PEOPLE OR INTERNET WARRIORS" I created this for my own personal notes, if there's a side benefit, that's bonus.

3. " hope you take it as good advice rather than someone trying to denigrate you. "

Isn't it funny, when people try to denigrate us or insult us, they always have the disclaimer, "I'm not trying to insult you or denigrate you, it's for your own good." I laugh when I hear or read this because normally people that have so much advice usually are the unhappiest people and have a chaotic life and have the most drama. You know I'm right people, next time you see someone that has so much advice, look at their life. I'll bet you statistically 95% of them have miserable lives and they probably don't have any control over their life :)

5. "I'm a fellow uole student(3rd year). Off the bat, I don't mean to degrade what you're doing. But from your posts, I somehow get the feeling that you have this initial enthusiasm that is going to peter off in the coming months.

Once again she opened with "I DON'T MEAN TO DEGRADE". This disclaimer always means "I'm going to degrade you." LOL, The enthusiasm will peter, your enthusiasm petered off, so don't use your reality my reality. You're probably the many people, the many faces in my gym that enthusiastically joins a gym and quits. You're probably the many people that start to learn an instrument and quits. You're probably the person who starts to study a new language and quits. I play the guitar, taught myself the piano, taught myself how to type (70 wpm, thank you very much), taught myself MS Excel, MS Access, Dreamweaver, podcasting, Japanese, Spanish (still working in progress), Korean.

4.  "These are some wise people on yansa and they are not terribly pleased with your excessive posting there. People like frankie don't post often but have a lot of useful stuff to say."

Don't include other people in your argument, you're not their represntative, congress woman, if they have something to say, then they should say it.  And they're wise because you say so?  If they don't like it, there's a thing called a REPLY button on my posts, use it or is it because you fear my reply knowing that I will OWN you with my superior reply

OK, I'm sorry for posting alternative textbook resources, links to lecture and video sites that may be of help to many other students, since I felt it was helpful to me, it would be helpful to other people, I believe in sharing so we can all do good.  Maybe you're a selfish person that likes to keep helpful information to yourself and your little clique, I'm sorry I'm not cliquish.  Gee, I'm really really sorry for posting a video on how to use technology to your best advantage (subscribing to podcasts, etc).  

People like you are such hypocrites because if one of your clique members did the same exact thing I'm doing, you'd call them a genius, doing a great thing.  IF I was in my 20's perhaps I would try to appease, you're talking to a guy in his 30's that's been in the military, played organized sports, grew up in 2 countries, lived in 4 countries, speak multiples languages, you think you can insult, denigrate me.  

You can tell a lot about people by what they say.  For example, if a person tells me, "you made a mistake, don't worry about it, let's fix it."  This tells me this person is a person with a strong work ethic and understands reality and doesn't have normative thinking and they understand what hard work it takes to be good at anything.

Whereas a person, that says, "You should do this, do that, do it that way, do it that way."  This tells me you never did anything in your life, so you don't know what it takes to be good at anything because everything you tried or started you gave up, you lack stick-to-it-ness.

She stated "I don't meant to degrade, denigrate, insult" 3 times, so don't you think, it's an insult, denigration, and degradation comment? If you don't like it, don't come, if you don't like what's on TV, turn the channel, if you don't like what's on the radio, turn the knob. Eesh, critics.

Once again I'm sorry for the rant, once again the criticism didn't bother me, it's the fact this person wants to talk crap behind the veil of "ANONYMOUS" without having the courage of identifying themselves and not owning up to what they have to say.

BTW - I know who you are, and if you deny it, then it makes you a bigger coward for not being able to own up to what you have to say.

Once again, I'm sorry, really sorry for the rant.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Buddy,

    Just took a look at your blog. It's wonderful. You're doing a great job. I also saw your posts on YANSA: very helpful. I've been wanting to respond but have been rather busy of late.

    Hopefully will get some more time soon.

    Cheers,

    Anthony
    tonygreywolf@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete