Google Search

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The WALL

I HIT IT!!!! The inevitable wall...it happens all the time whether it's weightlifting, studying, sports whatever whatever, athletes hit it, even relationships hit it, we even hit it when we get to a certain age. At first I thought it was the drinking binge that made my motivation go down, then I realized I hit the proverbial wall...I know when I hit the wall in weight lifting I do less, I'm used to 12 week quarters or 20 week semesters in the US, here it's a full year so as in weight lifting I would do less, I have lessen my workload in studying, work, drinking etc. So here's my recommended solution, we're in the beginning of December now and we should start doing revisions around the beginning of April, so that's about 120 days now, 3 to 5 page of the text & SG per module/subject will be a total of 720 to 1200 pages per subject, so for those of you feeling burned out, or feeling like you hit the wall, just read only 3 to 5 pages of the text per subject you should be find in a couple of weeks and then once you get the rhythm back go back to what you were doing 10 to 20 pages a day, every other day, etc. Then when the motivation wanes again, go back to 3 to 5 pages a day, this should help you get past the wall, hope this was helpful.

4 comments:

  1. You're right actually...reading 3-5 or even 6 pages helps get back into a routine if it was interrupted by any forces. By teachers always use to say reading fast helps grasp the material , although we may assume reading slower helps but scientists don't have the same say about reading slow . I used a facebook application 'freereader' which is supposed to increase and practice your reading skills, and I'm quite satisfied with the improvement .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) you're not alone. My office (Commercial Bank) got broken into on November 11th and it was sheer hell!! I am just about recovering from that and now I have the flu! It's really hard to balance everything but we have to try...... No giving up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm a UOL Year 2 Economics & Management student from Malaysia, and I was wondering if you could point out any sites/ forums that are geared/ useful for that particular major?

    Most of us take tuition here, so we haven't been utilising the Net very well to prepare for the exams.

    Hope you could help. Enjoyed reading your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lorna, glad you're doing better :) Hey May, I'll see what I can find...The best thing to do is to find people here:
    http://uolexternal.yuku.com and ask around.

    ReplyDelete